2011, wow. makes me feel kind of old?
1. Follow my dreams, not restrict myself and just straight out go for it.
2. Find what I’m genuinely good at and the thing that makes me happy (or at least makes me feel good about my self).
3. (Warning: cliché, long learning/education goal) Maintain a good GPA, get straight A’s, blah blah blah. But something I definitely want to do in 2011 that I feel I didn’t really accomplish in 2010 is to really learn. I want to take away something greater not just from school and the everyday things I constantly overlook, but I want to start actually reading again, not romance junkie stuff but philosophy and classic literature and all the stuff that I get enlightened by but never have the balls to actually pick up and read. I want to go to museums and just unlock this door I have in my mind that I have been so afraid to approach (lolwut). I want to find my self academically, and really revive the passion for learning that I reminisce about and can so clearly remember back in like middle school. When people ask me what my favorite subject is, or who my favorite teacher is I want to be able to reply and not just get A’s and be half satisfied. On top of that all, I want to get on top of my SAT stuff and find a French class (since Dr. Mayers’ Francais lll isn’t really doing it for me) and within a year speak fluently (don’t quote me). Something else that I never put in the energy to is to get really familiar with politics. I want to be able to throw out names and acts and everything thats going on and have my own, individual opinion that’s not influenced/ignorant. Not the typical, average knowledge about events but be able to see past what the media portrays and just gain this understanding that not many students (and nevertheless adults) have. I also want to really grow in my economical view. I want to read into the economy and just the fed and everything and just reach this level of mastery I guess you can call it that I know I can achieve but failed to put in everything that I have.
4. Oh, and find out my college situation because even though people may think I’m glued to Harvard, I’m not that one dimensional. I actually don’t know what I definitely want to major in and what career path is my perfect match, surprise surprise.
5. Tennis. I’m know I’m being over ambitious here and I probably won’t fulfill half of these resolutions, but I really want to not just improve but dare I say kill myself to become the best I can possibly be. Even if I don’t make varsity next year, I want to come back and just kick ass. I want people to look at me and just see how much potential I did have and I think I do have (and thank you 2010 cause I am so grateful to make it on the team-if anyone out there is reading this and wondering I didn’t make the team when I tried out freshmen year) and not just play doubles. Oh and find a new coach that can help guide me to my over ambitious resolution.
6. Change people’s opinion. Even though I sound like I’m this hungry bitch, I want to get to know different people and different people to get to know me. Yes, I am zealous, competitive, and come off as a bitch to some people, but I swear just give me a chance and get to know me and I hope people can realize I’m not as bad (I hope) as I seam and maybe, just possibly can end up being your friend?
7. I want to be happy. Not that teenage platitude about achieving happiness but I want all my actions to reflect my self growth, and from that be fulfilled to a certain extent and gain that level of “happiness” or whatever it may be.
8. Friends. At the moment, I love the friendships I have and I hope to just make them stronger and carry my genuine friends on to 2011 (at the same time of course making new friendships with people I want to know better).
9. Hah, relationships. I may just be one of those girls who isn’t going to die if she doesn’t get that new years kiss from her everlasting crush and doesn’t feel the need to always have a guy on her shoulder (because for most of my record, I’m a single lady Beyoncé!) but some type of not even romance, but relationship with a guy I may be potentially interested in (cause it’s not like my standards are way too stubbornly high for my own good-or so people comment).
10. Make memories. I want to have a lot of experiences this year, some good some bad, that I can learn from and look back at. I want this year to shape what I someday will refer to as “memories” and just live my life to the fullest capacity, love what I’m doing, learn from everything, and have a good laugh.